RSPCA Your Say 2019
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) have engaged the services of Beautiful Insights to host and manage the RSPCA Your Say (the Supporter Panel) for the purpose of market research.
Beautiful Insights’ Supporter Panel is a web based system using Amazon Web Services for processing the personal information you provide on registration.
If you choose to register as a subscriber of RSPCA Your Say, the personal information you provide on registration will be controlled, collected and stored by Beautiful Insights, in accordance with the RSPCA Your Say 2019 Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the Supporter Panel. All demographic, attitudinal and behavioural data collected and shared between Beautiful Insights and the RSPCA will be anonymised by storing it separate to your personal registration data and will only be traceable with an arbitrary unique identifier, that is only recognisable to the RSPCA.
Who we are
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) is a registered charity, no: 219099. Registered office: RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 9RS.
Beautiful Insights is a market research company providing online services to the charity industry. Their registered office is located at The Mews, St Nicholas Lane, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2JZ. For more information about Beautiful Insights please visit www.beautifulinsights.com or email email@example.com.
What information Beautiful Insights collects about you
- RSPCA will send anonymous supporter information (such as what channel(s) you have donated through, if you have volunteered, or taken part in a petition) to Beautiful Insights, which will conduct data analysis and provide a specific link to relevant surveys on the Supporter Panel. No financial or identification data is shared.
- If you register on the Supporter Panel, Beautiful Insights will ask for personal contact information (i.e. name, email address) and will check that you are over 18 in order to create your Supporter Panel subscriber login.
- If you choose to complete the welcome survey on the Supporter Panel, Beautiful Insights will ask a number of demographic questions (e.g. profession, donation behaviour, region, pet ownership, age band).
- If you choose to complete other surveys, Beautiful Insights will ask about your opinions and experience regarding a wide range of subjects relating to the RSPCA or the sector the RSPCA operates in (e.g. fundraising, the RSPCA brand and RSPCA in the news). Any responses you provide will be anonymous.
Why we collect your information
- To understand the behaviours and attitudes of its supporters in order to create better services and products for them.
- To aggregate subscriber’s anonymised responses for the purpose of gauging trends.
- To send you invitations to surveys where you might like to have your say.
- To manage your membership of the Supporter Panel and to ensure that if you choose to cease your membership (by going to Your Profile and selecting Close Account), you are no longer contacted in future by Beautiful Insights to complete future surveys. If you choose to unsubscribe, your existing, anonymised survey responses will be retained.
- To confirm you are over 18.
- To conduct relevant analysis on survey results.
- To aggregate your data with other anonymised data to gauge trends.
What we do with your information
- Use the aggregated, anonymised data to produce internal reports which help us to create better services and products for RSPCA supporters.
- Your contact data is used to manage your subscribership to the Supporter Panel (including unsubscribes and exclusions).
- Your donator or engagement data provided by the RSPCA is used to identify what surveys you might find relevant and conduct analysis exercises on survey results.
- Beautiful Insights will share anonymous demographic, attitudinal and behavioural survey information with the RSPCA.
- Your anonymous response data will be used for trend analysis and your text responses may also be forwarded to the RSPCA.
Who we will share your information with
Anonymous supporter information will only be shared between the RSPCA and Beautiful Insights. Any personal information you provide when registering to subscribe to the Support Panel (i.e. your name, your email address) will not be passed to the RSPCA by Beautiful Insights, and it will never be used by the RSPCA to undertake direct marketing or sell products to you.
Your information will not be shared with any other organisation.
How long we keep your data
Anonymised demographic, attitudinal and behavioural information from surveys will be retained for up to 5 years from your last engagement with the Supporter Panel, so that we can track data trends over time.
Your personal registration data will be retained for a maximum of 3 years from your last engagement with the Supporter Panel to:
- keep a record of Supporter Panel subscribers; and
- ensure existing, excluded or unsubscribed subscribers are not reinvited in error.
Any demographic, attitudinal and behavioural information you provide in any surveys will be retained for up to 5 years in order to track data trends over time.
If you wish to object to the processing we undertake or prevent processing for direct marketing, either in respect of the activities undertaken by Beautiful Insights Supporter Panel or the RSPCA in respect of the Your Say project, please contact RSPCA’s Supporter Services (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 123 0346 (lines open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)).
How you can see the data we hold about you
To exercise your right of access to the data we hold for you or to amend any incorrect personal data, please see our website [link to https://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/privacy/details/-/articleName/EM_Privacy_Information_Correction].
To correct your personal information or unsubscribe from the Supporter Panel or obtain a copy of the personal information Beautiful Insights hold about you, please write to: The Database Manager, C/O Beautiful Insights, The Mews, St Nicholas Lane, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2JZ or email email@example.com.
If you have any concerns about this Privacy Statement, you can find more information on the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on 0303 1231113 or https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Please note that this privacy statement is subject to change from time to time. This version was created in April 2018.